The first floor of the new addition contains 2 new cardiac catheterization rooms/labs, 8 pre/post catheterization holding rooms, nurses’ station, staff locker rooms, lobby area and new mechanical room. There is also shell space for future fit-out.
The second floor of the addition features eight new state-of-the-art OR suites to replace the existing OR suites, 16 pre/post operation recovery rooms, nurses station, support staff rooms and new men’s and women’s locker rooms.
The project consisted of structural steel with a combination of masonry and architectural metal panels. Additional site parking was constructed in addition to the relocation of site utilities.
Quandel also completed the parking lot expansion for the Hospital, which included the demolition of a 1940 banking facility with heavy vault doors and gates to make room for the new parking lot. Work included the installation of an underground storm water detention facility.