The final foundation mat concrete pour went off without a hitch on Saturday, March 29th, at the University of Scranton’s new $35 million Center for Rehabilitation Education.
This was a monumental effort and required close coordination with the City of Scranton and municipal officials to execute successfully. A few details of “the pour”:
- Nearly 900 cubic yards of concrete required 85 truckloads of structural concrete
- The foundation mat is 4 feet thick
- 18 concrete trucks were circuiting and unloading concrete to workers throughout the day
- Two concrete batch plants were required to satisfy the onsite demand
- Concrete was poured at the rate of 150 cubic yards per hour
The Center for Rehabilitation Education is Quandel’s fifth project for the University of Scranton! https://quandel.com/project/university-of-scranton-new-rehab-center/